So many of you may or may not know but the keyfinder project was originally developed in Boreland Delphi using a language called pascal. As of right now I don't have a decent pascal IDE and the one I do have the code doesn't compile correctly. This is something I'd like to address in two ways; 1) Get it compiling again; 2) Reprogram Enchanted Keyfinder in a completely different language and one which is more open. This means I'll likely be leaving pascal behind in search of a more modern language to do this. Preferably one which supports sqlite3 databases because that's how Adobe stores its keys.
For the record, currently EKeyfinder is stable in the state that it is in. I have tested it many times over and it is more stable than it's predecessor Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder. I was trying to compile it again to get it finally into its stable stage by fixing some of the HTML exporting. At any rate, please rest assured that I've not given up on this project just that it's taken me a while to get my gears rolling again on it.
All of the devs on this project have kind of stalled mainly because everybody got too busy to work on it. I'm also considering moving the ekeyfinder project to github so that it will be easier for a wide variety of people to contribute. It's something to consider when I look at overhauling keyfinder in a new language. At any rate this is my news release so hopefully it didn't get you too down.
It hit Japan. Here's a link for donations and a person finder.
I wrote a python script which parses the mediawiki xml schema and generates html files as output. Then I can compile the generated html files into a chm format all automated. It took me 5 or 6 hours to create but from now on generating documentation will take seconds for me across all of my projects into a chm format. The html is w3c xhtml validated.
Check out the script and try it out yourself. I provided a copy of the current wiki documentation so that you can generate it yourself.
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released. Here is a quote from the changelog.
Build 0.1.0.377 Beta 7 -- February 27th, 2011
1. Fixed bug where SavePath is not read correctly from settings.
2. Implemented a new feature, User defined config file.
3. Changed default setting for autosave path to a relative value.
4. Disabled forcing UAC prompt.
5. Modified the LoadHive error for privileges so that user knows to
run program as Administrator.
6. Fixed LoadHive setting and SoftwareHivePath setting.
7. Finished fixing the web links for the new project.
8. Reorganized the saving of settings into alphabetical order A-Z,
loading doesn't matter.
9. Disabled log options in the options dialog. It's currently not
being used anyways.
10. Removed the following settings which currently are not in use:
11. Updated keyfinder.cfg.
12. Implemented a path to settings file setting.
I have added Richard Hernandez (syncfate) to the project. He'll be managing the Spanish translation of the website.
It's been a slow process getting all the aspects of this project off the ground. Surely it is getting done.
I've started filling out the community wiki. It is located at:
I check the wiki daily. Every time a user visits the wiki I upgrade them to editor. So if you visit the wiki and are not able to edit one day. Check a few days later because you'll likely be able to edit it then.
I've started filling out the documentation in a form that, in my opinion, is logical. It's separated by the different functions available to Enchanted Keyfinder. Menu, Interface, Files, and Other. If you've used this program before you'll see what I mean. If you haven't then open up Enchanted Keyfinder and look at the Wiki while looking at the program. Hopefully it will make sense.
That is all I have to report for now.
I have added Marcus Stewart (mmarx82) to the project. He'll be doing stuff with keyfinder.cfg.
Well I finally got around to designing a new website. I designed it with multilingual support in mind. So if you know a language other than English then please assist me by translating it.
Just click on the contact page or visit...
See the section for translators under contribute.
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released.
Notable new feature: Implemented software updates for unstable and stable versions.
A new version of Enchanted Keyfinder has been released. This is a compatibility release update for the new project name.
Notable bug fix: Office 2010 key retrieval has been fix. Still testing.
Notable new feature: Save keys as HTML or INI.